Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Ashten's Oats

You know what gets me excited about a new day.... Breakfast.
Here is my version of oatmeal!

 


1.. Steal cut oats- I prefer to make a big batch for the week and keep it in the fridge.
2.. Raw cashews- Or pretty much whatever nuts I have around to get some extra protein and crunch.
3.. Ground cinnamon- I give it a few dashes for flavor.
4.. Coconut shreds- Trader Joe's is my go to spot for those.
5.. Chia seeds- Add about a table spoon of these cute little guys for your omega-3 dose.
6.. Almond butter- When the oatmeal is hot it melts nicely.
7.. Coconut milk- It's been my milk of choice lately, add about 1/4 cup.
8.. Stirr it up, little darlin, stirr it up. (Bob Marley quote) 

Enjoy!


Washed my down this morning with a Dirty Lemon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
sunshine state of mind in the empire state

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *